Thursday, August 22, 2013

 
Hi My Friendly Bloggers!
It's time for a New Challenge over at My Creative Time!
 Cathryn is the Host of this weeks Challenge and the Challenge is
BACK TO SCHOOL THEME
Make a card or 3D project for Back to School. A little something encouraging to slip in a back pack, lunch bag or brief case (if you have no one going back to school!)
 
 For my project today I made another notebook, a few ladies asked me how I made my notebook so I decided to take some step by step pic of it!!!
Hope this helps! :)
 
 
First step is to fold your paper in half then you place the stitched 4x6 journal die on the edge of your paper so the blade is knot going to cut the side, to keep your two layers together.
 this is what it should look like!!!
 Then you can pick a pattern paper you would like to use and cut two of those out with the
 stitched 4x6 journal die.
 For the base, you score both sides at the third line!!
  It should look like!!!
 With the pattern paper you score at the same line on both, at the third line!
But flip one over to the opposite side!!
 It should look like!!!
 Now glue it to the base
 Ok you will need to make two little cuts for your pen to go in,
you will cut to the score line!!

 
 

Hope you can join us at My Creative Time
can't wait to see what you create!!!
 For more info and great project idea Just click here!!! 

Deadline for this challenge is Wed, 4th @ 3:00pm PST!
 
 
 
Thanks so much for visiting my blog and have a great week!:)

10 comments:

Joan Smith said...

OMG What a cute idea. Gosh you really did an awesome job!! My gosh I think you should make a bunch of these and give them out for Christmas presents as who wouldn't want one of these. Girl you really are ever so clever with a whole lot of talent. Great ideas with Miss Emma's goodies.

jessica said...

Such an AWESOME project my friend! WOW I love the step by step tutorial also! You are one amazing designer!!! Thanks for the inspiration and have a GREAT Thursday!

Cathryn said...

This is the perfect little note pad! Your tutorial is EXCELLENT, thank you! Have a wonderful day! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

Creations by Shirl said...

Awesome step by step tutorial, you are so blessed with your talents Cindy!

Lisa said...

This is so awesome, Cindy!! The notebook is adorable!! And your tutorial is fabulous!! What a great project - so inspirational!! Have a wonderful day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sherrie K. said...

Cindy, this turned out just adorable! Thanks for the wonderful tutorial! Great idea and so inspiring!! I will have to make a few of these:)
Fabulous job as always my friend!
Have a super evening!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

This is a darling little notebook Cindy. I love the papers and sweet sentiments you used. What a great little "surprise" to find in a backpack. Cute as can be!

quilt4fun2 said...

The idea to fold and cut for the pen or pencil is so clever. What a wonderful gift. Awesome job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

An'Jenic G. said...

Oh my this is so cute and clever. Love this.

TFS An'Jenic-

LADYLOVE said...


you out did yourself great job